Darren's Outdoor Page: MapServer
It's back! I've finally managed to get MapServer up and running again!
All it took was a bit of configuration/build help from some friendly SDF members (especially plewlli) Thanks! |
This is my "old" application, that I had up and running a couple
years ago. It never did work quite right, and it probably never will.
Instead, it's up now as a "proof of concept" to prove that just MapServer
itself is running properly.. Now that it is,
I'll be going for a different interface (probably based on OpenLayers, and incorporating some WMSs
of OBM and NTS data and hopefully some imagery (Blue Marble and maybe some
higher resolution stuff from Google?) Anyway, stay
tuned for that! Hit "Initialize" below to play with what I do have now
Note that it's the layer controls and "trip line" display/queries aren't
working properly at this point.
There are a few things you may want to note before you begin:
- This application is very much in development -- there will be bugs, guaranteed!
- Everything you see is subject to change at any time, and may well change while you're looking at it, as
I'm constantly changing things around. In other words, the application may suddenly throw an error at you
for no reason
- I will have metadata online eventually, but for now, suffice to say that all data shown here is
publically available.. so don't sue me. In fact, read the Disclaimer while you're here.
- I plan on writing a "How To" or "User Guide" for the application (eventually), but for now you'll have
figure it out yourself. Basically, use "Browse" mode to pan and zoom, and use "Query" mode to query
- If you wish to email me regarding this application,
feel free to do so. However, I don't want to hear
that you found an error (unless you also have a solution to it) as I'm likely aware of the error you found
and am working on it. Constructive criticism, on the other hand, is happily accepted, especially regarding
usability, layout, etc.
- Think this is pretty cool? (It is) Want to make your own? Click on the "Powered by MapServer" icon
below to learn more and get started!
- Don't like the looks of my formatting or code? Too bad! I'm not a programmer, and I know that I have
terrible habits when it comes to this. However, the current state is a real mess, as I'm just making it up
as I go..it should improve as time goes on
- I realize these pages look nothing like the rest of "Darren's Outdoor Page," but I'm currently not too
worried about that. I am possibly re-doing all of my pages soon, so no need to format these pages in the
old style if that is going to happen...
- Thanks for reading, now click on "Initialize" above to begin
Go back to Darren's Outdoor Page